Call for Submissions – The 2019 Global Strategy PhD Prize – Deadline 13 Sept. – Awarded by Egmont and the European Security and Defence College
Egmont and the ESDC announce that the deadline to apply for the 2019 Global Strategy PhD Prize has been extended to 13 September.
The Egmont – Royal Institute for International Relations and the European Security and Defence College (ESDC) are inviting submissions for the 5th edition of the Global Strategy PhD Prize.
Eligible are all doctoral dissertations drafted in one of the working languages of the Common Foreign and Security Policy (English and French), which address a policy-relevant topic related to the foreign, security and defence policy of the EU that falls within the remit of the EU Global Strategy, and which have been successfully defended between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019.
The winner will be awarded:
- A certificate signed by the heads of the two organizing institutions.
- A cash prize of €1000.
The selection will be made by a jury composed of Prof. Dr. Sven Biscop (Egmont, chair), Dirk Dubois (ESDC), and one representative each of the EDA, the EEAS, the Commission, the EUISS, the ESDC Doctoral School, and the academic community.
The selection will take place in two steps:
- By 13 September, candidates must submit an expression of interest including a 1-page abstract of the dissertation, with a specific focus on policy relevance, to the chair of the jury at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The representatives of the two organizing institutions will shortlist 3 to 5 candidates.
- The shortlisted candidates must submit their complete dissertation.
- The full jury will select the winner.
- The winner will be invited to receive his/her award on a suitable occasion in Brussels.