Jean-Christophe currently works as Director of Communications at the Egmont Institute.
Previously he was a Senior Research Fellow at the Africa Programme focussing on political and security dynamics in East Africa. He joined the Africa Programme of Egmont Institute as a Researcher in August 2007 working on L’Observatoire de l’Afrique, African political dynamics, climate change negotiations and club governance. Before joining the Institute, he was an Africa Research Assistant at Crisis Group Nairobi where he studied the effectiveness of sanctions regimes, the African Union, African Security Structures, Africom and terrorism in Africa. In 2006 he was media assistant at Crisis Group. In 2005 he was Assistant to the Information Officer for the BENELUX and EU, at the United Nations Regional Information Centre (UNRIC) in Brussels.
Jean-Christophe Hoste holds Master degrees in: Development Cooperation Politics and Conflict (2003) and Comparative Cultural Sciences (2002) both from Ghent University. He is fluent in Dutch, French, English and German.
- Kenya’s elections: the peace lobotomy ? Africa Policy Briefs
- Putin in Africa Africa Policy Briefs
- Tackling terror in Africa: what local roles for insurgency groups? Africa Policy Briefs
- South Africa and the EU: a tense partnership Other publications
- Ethiopia and the Horn of Africa after Meles Other publications
- L’Afrique du Sud quelques réflexions sur un partenaire stratégique d’un continent marginalisé Other publications
- Climate change and conflict in sub-Saharan Africa: the mother of all problems? Other publications
- Africa-EU: decision making after the Summit Other publications
- Beyond development: political context analysis as a tool for a more effective EU-Africa partnership Other publications
- Dynamics of decision making in Africa Other publications
- Climate change and security Other publications
- Zimbabwe after the elections Other publications
- Security Sector Reform (SSR) in Guinea-Bissau Other publications
- Three blows for the Kenyatta government Commentaries
- Uhuru for Kenya? Commentaries
- Is Big Brother in trouble? Regionalisation of the Boko Haram crises challenges Nigeria’s leadership position Commentaries
- Time for a new approach on terror in Africa? Books
- African dynamics at the climate change negotiations Africa Policy Briefs
- Where was united Africa in the climate change negotiations? Africa Policy Briefs