Webinar: EU Industrial Policy and Recovery and Resilience Strategies
21 October 2020
The recording of this event is available here.
In March 2020 the European Commission adopted a series of initiatives in order to restore Europe’s leadership in industries that will be involved in the green deal and the digital transition. The New Industrial Strategy for Europe aims at increasing Europe’s competitiveness and its strategic autonomy in times of geopolitical instability and increasing global competition. The October 2020 European Council also called for an “ambitious European industrial policy to make its industry more sustainable, more green, more competitive globally and more resilient”.
The purpose of this webinar is therefore:
- to clarify how the strategy will be implemented in the context of the economic crisis triggered by the pandemic
- to specify the role that the “Next Generation EU” recovery package will play in this endeavour.
Particular attention will be given to Belgium’s priorities, which will have to be reflected in its national recovery and resilience plan that must be submitted to the European Commission in order to benefit from the Recovery and Resilience Facility.
- Ms. Kerstin Jorna, Director General of DG GROW at the European Commission
- Mr. Juan Yermo, Chief of Staff to the OECD Secretary-General
- Mr. Thomas Dermine, Secretary of State of Economic Recovery and Strategic Investments, in charge of Scientific Policy, added to the Minister of the Economy and Employment
- Mr. Olivier Joris, Executive Manager Europe & International FEB
- François Roux, Senior Advisor on European Affairs at Egmont
The working language will be English.
Participants should register by 16 October!
The Zoom Webinar – link will be sent at a later date.
(Photo credit: PESCO secretariat)