The EU Global Strategy: Implications for Russia
Last November in Moscow, Egmont and the Institute of Europe of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IE/RAS) launched a joint publication on the impact of the EU’s Global Strategy on EU-Russia relations, on the occasion of the 30th anniversary conference of IE/RAS.
The report is available HERE.
By way of Brussels launch, both institutes cordially invite you to an expert seminar addressing two key dimensions of EU-Russia relations: security and the economy.
- 9.00-9.15: Welcome by Ambassador Johan Verbeke, Director-General, Egmont
1st Session: “Security threats in Europe: possibilities and obstacles for EU-Russia cooperation”
Moderator: Ambassador Marc Franco, Egmont
– Prof. Dr. David Criekemans, University of Antwerp
– Dr. Dimitry Danilov, IE/RAS
- 10.30-11.00: Coffee break
2nd Session : “European Union and Eurasian Economic Union: cooperation or competition”
Moderator: Dr. Alexey Gromyko, Director, IE/RAS
– Prof. Dr. Peter Van Elsuwege, Ghent University Ghent
– Dr. Olga Potemkina IE/RAS
(Photo credit: theglobalpanorama, Flickr)