Jobs, internships and opportunities
Interested in how policy research translates into media in an international relations think tank in Brussels?
Want to be part of a small dynamic team?
Do you live in Brussels and eligible for an ACS contract as stipulated by ACTIRIS?
Do not let this opportunity pass you by!
EGMONT – The Royal Institute for International Relations is an independent think-tank based in Brussels. As a platform for in-depth analysis and a forum for debate in the field of international politics, the Institute has the ambition to make a useful contribution to the policy-shaping process through its publications, conferences, seminars and trainings. Alongside its research and training & education programmes, the Institute has a communication team focused on promoting the work of the Institute and looking for an exceptional Communication officer.
Website, Social Media:
- Responsible for the administration of the content management system/website (WordPress): publications, events, media mentions, photos…
- Responsible for the creation and the distribution of our newsletters
- Contribute to organisation of social media content to promote articles, commentaries, videos, training courses and media coverage on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Assist in the administration of Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and other social networks if relevant;
- Contribute to social media and website quantitative and qualitative analytics reporting;
- Contribute to relevant international relations calendars for social media;
- Contribute to a relevant international relations picture database;
- Monitoring media for content from staff and members;
- General social media planning, research, reporting and coordination as assigned.
Webinars & events:
- Support and assistance during online meetings and webinars;
- Support and assistance during events.
Photo, Video, Graphics & Podcast:
- Edit and format photos and videos for social media and web;
- Photo, video and audio editing;
- Assist in podcast creation under the supervision of the Director of Communication & Events.
- Help compile and update media contact lists;
- Assist with press release writing, editing, distribution, and media outreach.
Point of contact for technical support:
- Responsible for contact with the web agency for functional problems and for the development of new website sections;
- Responsible for contact with IT support; monitoring ICT and software issues.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant domain (communication, communication management, digital communication, social media, journalism, marketing);
- Proven interest in international relations and diplomacy;
- Excellent knowledge of English and of Dutch or French; working knowledge of the other national language is highly recommended.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving mindset;
- Team-player with strong inter-cultural competencies;
- Ability to deliver results within tight time frames, manage multiple assignments and track progress on several processes simultaneously;
- Happy to work in a small team;
- Resistance to stress.
- A renewable contract and a monthly salary in accordance with experience;
- A multicultural and challenging working environment;
- A great network within the Institute and with our partners;
- Flexibility in the work organisation.
DISCLAIMER – COVID-19:
Considering the current Covid-19 pandemic, tasks and missions described above might be affected. This goes specifically for the work organisation (presence in the workplace). The Egmont Institute follows the guidelines of the Belgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
To apply, a CV and a motivation letter compiled in a PDF file should be addressed to Mr Kris Pellegrims via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org , by October 20th, 2021 mentioning in the subject line “Communication Officer”.
EGMONT, Rue des Petits Carmes, 24A, 1000 Brussels https://egmontinstitute.be