The 2022 Global Strategy PhD Prize
Call for Submissions – Deadline 1st October
Awarded by Egmont
and the European Security and Defence College
The Egmont – Royal Institute for International Relations and the European Security and Defence College (ESDC) are inviting submissions for the 8th edition of the Global Strategy PhD Prize.
Eligible are all doctoral dissertations drafted in one of the working languages of the Common Foreign and Security Policy (English and French), which address a policy-relevant topic related to the foreign, security and defence policy of the EU that falls within the remit of the EU Global Strategy (including the Strategic Compass and the Global Gateway), and which have been successfully defended between 1 July 2021 and 30 September 2022.
The winner will be awarded:
- A certificate signed by the heads of the two organizing institutions.
- A cash prize of €1,000.
The selection will be made by a jury co-chaired by Holger Osterrieder (Head of the ESDC) and Prof. Dr. Sven Biscop (Egmont & Ghent University), and composed of representatives from the EU institutions and the academic community.
The selection will take place as follows:
- By 1 October, candidates must submit an expression of interest including a 1-page abstract of the dissertation, with a specific focus on policy relevance, to the chair of the jury at email@example.com.
- By 15 October, the representatives of the two organizing institutions will shortlist 3 to 5 candidates.
- By 1 November, the shortlisted candidates must submit their complete dissertation.
- By the end of the year, the full jury will select the winner.
- The winner will be invited to receive his/her award on a suitable occasion in Brussels.