The Finnish Embassy in Brussels and the Egmont Institute cordially invite you to a Round Table Discussion with Ms Anni Koivisto, Vice-President of the Sámi Parliament in Finland. During the event, Vice-President Koivisto will discuss the rich heritage of the Sámi, the only recognized Indigenous People in the European Union, their position within Finland and current Sámi questions such as the impact of climate change on Sámi livelihoods and the conservation of traditional knowledge and cultural practices. Ms Koivisto will engage with the audience during a Q&A session.
The event will unfold on the premises of the Egmont Institute (Rue des Petits Carmes 24A, 1000 Brussels) between 10:00 and 11:30 in person.
Kindly register by Tuesday September 26th
We look forward to your presence.
- 10:00 – 10:15 Arrival and registration
- 10:15 – 10:20 Introduction by Pol De Witte, Director-General at the Egmont Institute
- 10:20 – 10:25 Opening remarks by … (member of the Finnish Delegation)
- 10:25 – 11:10 Presentation by Vice-President Koivisto followed by a dialogue with the audience
- 11:10 – 11:15 Closing remarks by… (member of the Finnish Delegation)
- 11:15 – 11:30 Networking opportunity
(Photo credit: Finnish embassy)