Refugee Protection & Solidarity
This book is available for orders on the OUP website.
Dr. Eleonora Milazzo is Joint Research Fellow at the Egmont Institute and the European Policy Centre. Her current work focuses on the policy nexus between migration, climate change, and security.
Eleonora has held research positions at the Migration Policy Centre in Fiesole, the Refugee Studies Centre in Oxford, and Carnegie Europe in Brussels. Before turning to migration and asylum in the EU, she worked in the area of climate change governance and EU-Russia relations at the Ecologic Institute in Berlin and the Russian International Affairs Council in Moscow.
She holds a PhD in Political Science from the European University Institute (2021) and was a Postdoctoral Research Associate at King’s College London (2021-2022). As part of her academic work, Eleonora focused on offering a normative account of the ethics of refugee protection in the EU. She has published in international academic journals on this topic and her book Refugee Protection and Solidarity. The Duties of EU Member States is due for publication with Oxford University Press in Spring 2023.
Eleonora advises UN agencies, NGOs, national authorities, and international research consortia on issues related to development cooperation, migration, displacement, and social inclusion.
- Can the EU achieve a more Coherent Policy on Climate Mobility? The Nexus Approach could help Other publications
- A Pact: So What? Commentaries
- The Nexus Approach: Bringing together climate, human security, and demographic change in times of permacrisis Other publications
- Meloni and the EU align on the Mediterranean pivot Commentaries
- Book: Refugee Protection and Solidarity Books
- The Migration Ticking Clock Other publications
- Reconnecting emergency responses to long-term adaptation needs Commentaries
- Challenges and priorities of the EU’s response to the situation in Afghanistan European Policy Briefs