Born in Guatemala 30 December 1957
Married 2 children.
Master’s degree in Economics, University of Paris II (Assas).
Master’s degree in Public Affairs and International Relations (UCL Belgium).
- November 2019 – June 2020: Chief of staff in the cabinet of the President of the European Council.
- September 2016 – October 2019: Ambassador Permanent Representative of Belgium to the European Union. (COREPER II).
- April 2012 -September 2016: Director General European Affairs, ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- February 2011 – April 2012: Ambassador Permanent Representative to the UN Office and other international organizations in Geneva.
- May 2008 – February 2011: Chief of staff, Cabinet of the Secretary of state for European Affairs.
- October 2006 – May 2008: Belgian Ambassador to the Republic of Rwanda.
- July 2004 – July 2006: Ambassador Permanent Representative of Belgium to the UN Office and other international organizations in Geneva.
- July 2002 – July 2004: Ambassador, alternate Permanent Representative of Belgium to the European Union (COREPER I).
- April 2001 – July 2002: Alternate chief of staff in the cabinet of the Foreign Minister. Dealing with European Affairs during the 2001 Belgian Presidency of the Council of EU ministers.
- January 1999 – April 2001: European Correspondent, head of the CFSP unit in the ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- July 1996 – January 1999: Political Counsellor, Permanent Mission of Belgium to the United Nations (New-York).
- July 1992 – July 1996: First Secretary to the Permanent Mission of Belgium to the EU.
- July 1989 – July 1992: Alternate Permanent Representative to the Permanent Mission of Belgium to FAO, WFP and IFAD.
- October 1987 – July 1989: Professional training. Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Brussels.