Victor De Decker
Victor De Decker is a Research Fellow in the Europe in the World Programme at the Egmont Institute since January 2023. His research centres on geoeconomics, economic statecraft, international political economy, and economic security, with a particular focus on Asia.
Previously, Victor gained experience at the European Institute for Asian Studies (EIAS), the European Chamber of Commerce in Myanmar, the European Commission (DG INTPA), and Pfizer.
He holds a master’s degree in International Relations from Ghent University and is working towards a PhD in Geoeconomics at both his Alma Mater and the Royal Military Academy.
- From Carrots to Sticks, to Carrots Again? The EU’s Changing Sustainable Trade Agenda Security Policy Briefs
- Ten Years of Belt & Road – Quo Vadis? Security Policy Briefs
- Charting Belgium’s Economic Security – a complex country in a complex world Egmont papers
- De-risking de-cyphered Commentaries
- The CRM Act in a global perspective Egmont papers