Wannes Verstraete is a PhD Researcher and Teaching Assistant at the Political Science Department of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB), specialising in deterrence and arms control. He holds an MA in Political Science from the University of Ghent and an MA in International Relations and Diplomacy from the University of Antwerp. He previously did internships at the Security Policy Directorate (M1) of the Belgian MFA (2021) and the Belgian Chamber of Representatives (2018).
- NATO stands ready to prevent escalation of the war in Ukraine Commentaries
- Why Belgium Should Create a Territorial Reserve Force Commentaries
- On the Necessity of Defending Belgian Interests in Outer Space Security Policy Briefs
- The world’s first aircraft with sixth-generation technologies to be introduced to the public: the B-21 Raider bomber Commentaries
- Plan for rebuilding Belgian Defence needs to be more ambitious Commentaries