Jean-Christophe Hoste is Director of Communications & Events at the Egmont Institute since 2018.
Previously he was a Senior Research Fellow in the Africa Programme focusing on political and security dynamics in East Africa. He joined the Africa Programme of Egmont Institute as a Researcher in August 2007 working on L’Observatoire de l’Afrique, African political dynamics, climate change negotiations, and club governance.
Before joining the Institute, he was an Africa Research Assistant at Crisis Group Nairobi where he studied the effectiveness of sanction regimes, the African Union, African Security Structures, Africom and terrorism in Africa. In 2006, he was media assistant at Crisis Group. In 2005, he was Assistant to the Information Officer for the BENELUX and EU, at the United Nations Regional Information Centre (UNRIC) in Brussels.
Jean-Christophe holds Master degrees in: Development Cooperation Politics and Conflict (2003) and Comparative Cultural Sciences (2002) both from Ghent University. He is fluent in Dutch, French, English and German.
- Three blows for the Kenyatta government Commentaries
- Uhuru for Kenya? Commentaries
- Putin in Africa Africa Policy Briefs
- Is Big Brother in trouble? Regionalisation of the Boko Haram crises challenges Nigeria’s leadership position Commentaries
- Tackling terror in Africa: what local roles for insurgency groups? Africa Policy Briefs
- Time for a new approach on terror in Africa? Books
- South Africa and the EU: a tense partnership Other publications
- Kenya’s elections: the peace lobotomy ? Africa Policy Briefs
- Ethiopia and the Horn of Africa after Meles Other publications
- L’Afrique du Sud quelques réflexions sur un partenaire stratégique d’un continent marginalisé Other publications
- African dynamics at the climate change negotiations Africa Policy Briefs
- Climate change and conflict in sub-Saharan Africa: the mother of all problems? Other publications
- Africa-EU: decision making after the Summit Other publications
- Beyond development: political context analysis as a tool for a more effective EU-Africa partnership Other publications
- Dynamics of decision making in Africa Other publications
- Where was united Africa in the climate change negotiations? Africa Policy Briefs
- Climate change and security Other publications
- Zimbabwe after the elections Other publications
- Security Sector Reform (SSR) in Guinea-Bissau Other publications